Monday, March 1, 2010

Playing Top Chef - Blackened Catfish

Top Chef ...Karl and I love the show. It was a gateway for us into the world of cooking shows. We have recently started watching some cooking shows on food network. A few weeks ago we were watching a cooking show and we decided that we should try and make a new dish that we have never had before. Now we have decided that we will try to do one dish per week keeping in mind that sometimes we may only be able to do one per two weeks just depending on cost/finances.

So This week we made Blackened Catfish with Grainy Mustard Mashed Potatoes and Parmesan Roasted Green Beans.


This is a picture of the Catfish courtesy of Food Network (our fish looked exactly like this) and here is the link to the recipe, Not Lackin' on the Blackenin' Catfish.

I personally wasn't crazy about the catfish, however I'm not really a fish eater unless its fried. Karl loved it and i did enjoy it, so it was definitely worth making. It was rather easy to make as well. If you plan on making this dish my only real suggestion is to cook it outside if possible (we made ours on our gas grills side burner) because it creates alot of smoke and it will smoke your house up.


This is a Picture of the mashed potatoes courtesy of Food Network. Here is the link to the recipe, Grainy Mustard Mashed Potatoes.

These potatoes are really good. They were in fact the best tasting homemade mashed potatoes that I've ever had. Usually I find homemade mashed potatoes bland but these had plenty of delicious flavor. These potatoes are definitely a keeper.

Here is the link to the Parmesan-Roasted Green Beans (sorry no picture). The green beans were wonderful. The Sides were my favorite part of the meal.

I hope that I didn't make you too hungry with this post... If anyone out there decides to try these dishes (or any that we make in the future), I would be interested to know how it turned out and if you liked it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment